Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A little twist to the adventure

First of all I want to update you on the hurricane situation. Austin got nothing from it...no rain or even winds. It is a blessing that we were spared but we could have used the rain. Some of our schools are still housing some evacuees but for the most part most have left Austin. We had a total of 6000-7000 evacuees. Our thoughts and prayers to those families whose lives were so greatly impacted by that massive hurricane.

Now on to the twist of our adoption adventure. We have still yet to hear from our case worker from Gladney. Well it is only Tuesday so hopefully we will hear from them by the end of the week because our plans have changed for the time being.

Sunday night we discovered that we are expecting!!! We are estimating to be 4 weeks along. My first doctor appointment is October 10th and we get to do a sonogram. There are no words to describe how we are truly feeling right now...our feet have not touched the ground since we found out. We have been trying for 4 years and had given up and I think our family had given up as well. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. We are praying that this little one makes it though these beginning stages of life.

My plan is to put this blog on hold for the time being but I will update my personal blog that I have started. The link to it is on the right hand side of the page and is listed with all the other blogs we are following. God is great! Good things really do come to those who wait.

Blessings,
Shane and Misty

5 comments:

Cindy said...

That's awesome - congratulations! I will pray for your family, for this new little one and for your adoption journey as well!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

mommy31 (Misty R) said...

Thanks for the prayers, Cindy! :)

Joe&MichelleLiss said...

Congrats Misty! What awesome news. I will be praying for the baby. I'm sure Gladney will put your application on hold. This type of thing has happened many times!

Anonymous said...

OMG misty! i am so happy for you! ya'll are in our prayers! love ya'll

Sarah said...

oh my! congratulations!!!